MANCHESTER, N.H. – Worcester State University's Nick Patullo (Doylestown, Pa.) tallied a goal and an assist in the Lancers' 2-1 cross-divisional win over St. Anselm College to improve the Lancers' winning streak to seven and remain unbeaten for the 2017-18 season.
November 21, 2017
Score: Worcester State 2, St. Anselm 1
Records: Worcester State (7-0) | St. Anselm (4-2)
Worcester State was the first to dent the scoreboard in the 8th minute on a power play goal. Andrew Etheridge (Burrillville, R.I.) recorded his first goal for the season on passes from Patullo and Cody Weaver (West Greenwich, R.I.) to go ahead. Despite the lead for Worcester State, the Hawks outshot the Lancers 9-5.
Patullo scored a goal of his own in the 7th minute of the second frame on helpers from Weaver and Erik Pritchard (Cave Creek, Ariz.). Four and a half minutes later, the Hawks cut the Lancers' lead in half with a goal from Bryan Green (Weymouth, Mass.). The shots were even at 8-8 during the second period.
The third period was scoreless as the Lancers batted off seven shots, and the Hawks recorded six shots.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Patullo currently holds three goals and three assists on the season, while Etheridge scored his first goal of the season.
- Matthew Manning (Novi, Mich.) won 10-of-15 faceoffs.
- Worcester State went 2-for-5 (40%) on power plays, while the Hawks stood at 0 percent on six chances.
- Worcester State's Josh Reinstein (Woodland Hills, Calif.) earned his sixth win of the season, stopping 22 shots in the win.
- St. Anselm's Shane Joyce (Pembroke, Mass.) suffered the loss in an 18-save performance.
The Lancers' next ice hockey game is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 30 as they host UMass Dartmouth in a 7 p.m. game.