Healthier Woo is an initiative developed in collaboration with Human Resources and Recreation & Wellness. It strives to become a comprehensive and innovative Workplace Wellness program that focuses on the improvement and education of employee health and wellness.
- AllOne Health (WSU EAP) Webinar Schedule, Daily from 12p-12:30p including Grieving Intangibles, Shifting Mindsets, Embracing the New Normal and more!
- Check out soe resourcese from OPTUM- May is Mental Health Month
- MASS4You Webinars: Coping with COVID - A Guided Conversation Series, Navigating Uncerftainty; Coping and Thriving in a Pandemic, Cultivating Mindfulness (See flyer for details and times)
- 7 techniques that can help us Cope with Stressful Situations Beyond our Control
- The Optum toll-free Emotional Support Help Line is available to all GIC-eligible public employees and their dependents, 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-866-342-6892 or liveandworkwell.com (select browse as a guest with a company code) Company Code: Mass4you. This support is provided through GIC’s Mass4YOU Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This help line is available at no cost. You do not have to be enrolled in a GIC Health Insurance plan to use it.
- Mental Health Tips during Quarantine
- 10 Tips for Coping with Burnout, from AllOne Health Family of EAPS
- Check out some Desk Exercises & Stretches to keep you moving: Poster & a great demonstration video (and another)!
- Other GIC and MASS 4 You Resources
- WSU Employee Wellness, Healthier Woo Resources, Webinars and More!
- Additional Resources during COVID-19 from Human Resources, Employee Benefits Guide
- Woo State Runs the World: A (Social) Distance Project Let's come together as a community and see how far we can get. It will take a collective 2,802 miles to get us across the USA and 24,901 miles to get us around the world. Run, walk, or hike your way to help us come together. Log your miles with this form
POSTPONED Spring 2020 Woo Walks - Log Your Steps!
|Tuesday||9/10/2019||Weight Watchers Interest Meeting||12:00-12:30pm||Wasylean Hall, Seven Hills Room||NA|
|Monday||9/16/2019||Hearing Health at WSU (Lecture & Screening)||12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||
|Wednesday||9/25/2019||WSU Blood Drive||10:00am-4:00pm||Sheehan MP Room 109||Schedule an Appointment|
|Thursday||9/26/2019||How to Better Manage Stress||12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||Register|
|Wednesday||10/2/2019||Worcester Craft Center||4:30-6:00pm||25 Sagmore Road, Worcester||
Flyer, No Registration Required
|Monday||10/7/2019||How To Manage Your Finances||4:00-5:00pm||Sheehan MP Room 109||Register|
|Friday||10/18/2019||Flu Shot Clinic||10:00am-3:00pm||Student Center- South Room 110||
After registration, complete and bring with you this FORM & Insurance Card
|Friday||10/25/2019||Working in the Multigenerational Workplace, Part I||10:00-11:30am||Student Center, Foster Room 318||
Register with Meredith Rosario x8053 or email@example.com
Maintaining Balance in Life
|4:15-5:15pm||Wasylean Hall, Seven Hills Room||Register|
(needed to attend part I)
|1:00-2:30pm||Student Center, Foster Room 318||Register with Meredith Rosario x8053 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Monday||11/4/2019||Working with Google Docs, Sheets & Slides||10:00-11:00am OR 2:00-3:00pm||LRC 319B||Register by emailing email@example.com. (Limitied to 10 people)|
|Monday||11/4/2019||Mindfulness Class||12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||Register|
|Wednesday||11/6/2019||SMART Plan Overview||10:30-11:00am||Student Center, Fallon Room 320||Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wednesday||11/6/2019||SMART Plan 1:1 Meetings||11:15am-3:30pm||Student Center, Fallon Room 320||Call Eileen Neubert directly at 508-207-8656 to schedule.|
|Thursday||11/7/2019||Recognizing & Responding to Students in Distress||3:00-4:00pm||Student Center room 326||Please RSVP to Dianna at email@example.com, space is limited to 20|
|Tuesday||11/12/2019||Creating Forms with Google Forms and Acrobat DC||9:00-10:00am OR 1:00-2:00pm||LRC 319B||Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (Limitied to 10 people)|
|Wednesday||11/13/2019||How to Support Mental Health Concerns in the Workplace||12:00-1:00pm||Student Center Blue Lounge||Register|
|Thursday||11/14/2019||Worcester Railers Ice Hockey Game||7:05pm||DCU Center||Tickets may be reserved in large blocks, up to 25, on a first come, first serve basis. Great opportunity for departmental team building and/or family gatherings. To reserve your tickets, please email Meredith at: email@example.com.|
|Monday||11/18/2019||Microsoft Excel (Beginnger & Intermediate)||10:00-11:00am OR 1:00-2:00pm||LRC 319B||Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (Limitied to 10 people)|
SMART Retirement & Beyond Seminar
You will learn: MSERS pension benefits membership & credible service, retirement options, suvivor benefits, calculating benefits and more!
|6:00-8:00pm||Sullivan Eager Auditorium||Register Here (Space is Limited)|
Lunch & Learn Seminar: Ten Steps to Financial Success
|12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||Register by emailing email@example.com. LUNCH will be offered thanks to Metro Credit Union.|
|Monday||1/13/2020||Mindfulness Class||12:00-12:40pm||Wellness Center 204||Register|
|Tuesday||1/14/2020||Maintaining Balance in Life||12:00-1:00pm||Student Center, Fallon Room 320||Register|
|Thursday||1/16/2020||Fitness: Where to Begin||12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||NA|
|Tuesday||1/28/2020||Meditation Class||3:30-4:30pm||Wellness Center 204||Register|
|Tuesday||2/4/2020||Managing Eldercare||11:30am-12:30pm||Sheehan MP Room 109||Register|
|Monday||2/10/2020||Mindfulness Class||12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||Register|
|Friday||2/21/2020||Restorative Yoga||12:00-12:45pm||Wellness Center 207||Register|
|Monday||2/24/2020||Balancing Nutrition||12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||Presentation Slides|
|Tuesday||2/25/2020||Meditation for Beginners Class||3:30-4:30pm||Wellness Center 204||Register|
|Monday||3/9/2020||Mindfulness Class||12:00-1:00pm||Wellness Center 204||Register|
|Now||Now||Tips & tricks for reducing stress and staying healthy during COVID-19||Anytime||Your Place||View Now|
|Now||Now||Strategies for working remotely||Anytime||Your Place||View Now|
|Wednesday & Friday||4/8/20 & 4/10/20||MANAGING FINANCIAL ANXIETY- Providing some strategies and overall resources to create an action plan related to financial burdens or worries that are stemming from the impact of COVID-19.||12:00-1:00pm||Your Place|
|Wednesday & Friday||4/15/20 & 4/17/20||CAREGIVING AND PARENTING IN TURBULENT TIMES- Offering support to those who are finding themselves in the position of providing support to others and are managing their own needs while our world continues to change.||12:00-1:00pm||Your Place|
|Wednesday & Thursday||4/22/20 & 4/23/20||RESILIENCE & SELF CARE- Discussing the importance of self-care and positive psychology as tools to enhance, maintain and sustain our resilience.||12:00-1:00pm||Your Place|
Weight Watchers (WW)
- Digital (Starting at $3.07/week)
- Workshop and Digital (Starting at $6.92/week)
- Personal Coaching and Digital (Starting at $8.46/week)
Take a Ride with Worcester State's Bike Rental!
Pink Gloves Boxing & Group Exercise Classes*
Join Recreation and Wellness for some Fun, Community and Achievement with engaging classes- Spring 2020 Faculty/Staff only classes are listed below. Find more information about Pink Gloves Boxing here. *Applicable membership fees do apply.
Tuesdays- Pink Gloves Boxing (Tier I & II), 12:15-1:15pm, 204
Wednesdays- Zumba, 12:00-1:00pm, 207
Wednesdays- Pink Gloves Boxing (Tier III), 12:15-1:15pm, 204
Thursdays- Yoga Tone, 12:15-1:00pm, 205
Employee Fun Day
Thursday, May 18, 2017 - Photos
Thursday, May 24, 2018 - Photos
Friday, May 31, 2019 - Photos
Did You Know?
The Worcester State University Wellness Center has many opportunities for you to stay active and Well- most are even fully reimburseable through your insurance carrier. Check out more information about Fitness Center Memberships, Personal Training, Group Exercise Memberships, Golf Simulator Memberships. Looking to just drop in or join an Intramural League/Tournament, you can do that too! Take advantage of Open Recreation time and check out equipment even without a membership, walk the 11th of a mile indoor track! More reimbursement information!